Maiello: Defeat the Press
Miami Fans Mistakenly Chant "Let's Go Eat" During Playoff Game
Ring the bell, school's back in, break it down ... Stop. Question time!
10) Ok, several days have passed. Are you still smiling and dancing, or do you find yourself suffering a bit from some sort of post-partum-like depression?
9) Not that I would know anything about this, but which is a more important element of looking good on the dance floor: Rhythm or self-confidence?
8) So I turned 35 this week. Is it lame that one of the things that most annoys me about this age is that I can no longer check off the 18-34 age group in surveys?
7) My awesome girlfriend got me one of those comfy leather recliners for my birthday (we once got in a fight because she said she thought those chairs were ugly and didn't want one in her apartment while I insisted they were one of man's god-given rights), and I have now fallen asleep while watching TV on that chair each of the past several nights. Have I become my dad?
6) Why or how did humans evolve so that they crave and demand variety in their meals? Every day, my dog acts like a Democrat who just found out Obama has won the presidency (i.e. like a delirious nut bag) when I take a scoop into his jar of food, even though I'm preparing to give him the exact same crap I always do. It seems like it'd be so much easier and more efficient if we humans could also be content eating the same thing every day.
5) Which is worse: Sarah Palin's ignorance; the McCain advisers who chose Palin despite her ignorance; or the fact that those same advisers are now just piling on, anonymously leaking to the press more examples of that ignorance and suggesting she torpedoed the campaign?
4) One of the ironies of the election was that the heavy black turnout caused by Obama's candidacy contributed to the passage of Prop 8 in California, which outlaws gay marriages. Do you believe the civil rights struggle of homosexuals is equivalent to the African-American struggle. If not, what is the difference? (This is not a trick question; I think there can be legitimate debate here, though in the end I personally don't think there's a difference.)
3) If you could find out the exact date of your death, but couldn't do anything to change it, would you want to know? If you found out you were going to die within the next 12 months, what would be the biggest change you'd make in your life?
2) I have plenty of regrets in my life. One of them I remember well is telling a childhood friend in first grade that there was no Santa Claus, which was a really crappy thing to do (especially so cuz I'm Jewish). Do you remember when you first found out there was no Santa Claus and what was your reaction? (My apologies if I have once again spilled the beans and destroyed any delusions you may harbor).
1) Please look at the attached map below. It's a graphical display of the voting trends in Tuesday's election compared to 2004. The blue sections are areas where people voted more heavily Democratic; the bluer the section, the bigger the change.
Which of the following facts does this map reveal (Choose all that apply): a) The Republican brand and agenda is dying b) The Democratic brand and agenda is ascending c) Barack Obama was a better candidate than John Kerry or d) Damn, the South is disturbingly full of racists, esp. Arkansas, Oklahoma and Tennessee.