In the second biggest performance of her career, Sarah Palin stunned Jay Leno and Tonight Show viewers with her wit and delivery, but more importantly, her honesty. In fact-checking her stand-up routine on the Tonight Show last night, The Chronicles have found her routine was mostly truthful.
Some selected facts we checked:
- “I will know these jokes like the front of my Hand” – True. Sarah Palin knows the front of her hand
- “Back home it was freezing.” – True. It’s cold in Alaska.
- As soon as I saw the big Moose, I realized I hadn’t cooked my kids’ dinner.” – True. Sarah Palin did not cook her kid’s dinner last night.
- “I told the Congress, ‘Thanks, but no thanks,’ on that bridge to nowhere – False.
- “We began a nearly $40 billion natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence.” – False
- “I suspended the state fuel tax, and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress.” – False
- “As Governor, I have a record of being a strong fiscal conservative.” – False.
Final verdict: As a politician, Sarah Palin is one hell of a comedian.
Crossposted at William K. Wolfrum Chronicles